Moto Z Play Droid is first Moto handset in the U.S. to receive Android 7.1.1 update
The first Moto handset to be updated to Android 7.1.1. in the states is the (envelope please) Moto Z Force Droid. Nope, wait. That was the wrong envelope. Let’s try that again. The first Moto handset to be updated to Android 7.1.1 in the U.S. is the Moto Z Play Droid (cheers in background along with an ovation). Once the update arrives on your Z Play Droid, make sure that you are connected to a Wi-Fi network or a strong Verizon connection. Also, your battery should be charged to 100% before you begin with the updating process.
According to Motorola, the update includes the following:
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat: Many enhancements including new multitasking features, more efficient notification controls and improved data saver and battery features.
- Video calling: Duo is a one-to-one video calling app for everyone – designed to be simple, reliable and fun so you never miss a moment.
- Android security: Includes the updates of Android security patches until June 1st 2017.
- Stability improvements: Includes changes that fix bugs and improve the stability of your phone.
- Moto Mods support: Updates the Moto Mods platform to the version 2.0.
There is no word as to when we might see the Android 7.1.1 update for the Moto Z Force Droid and the Moto Z Droid.
Because the update is being sent out OTA, it might be a few days before it shows up on your phone. You can try to manually push it to your handset by going to Settings > System Updates > Check for system update.