Happy Mother’s Day 2017: Surprise your mom with these heavenly recipes
“My mother’s menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it,” Buddy Hackett, an American comedian and actor, once said.
What is that one thing that brings back happy memories from your childhood? It may vary from people to people, but mom’s favourite recipes will always top the list. After all, nobody can resist “Maa ke haath ka khana”! This Mother’s Day, how about turning the tables?
Want to make something special for her, but not sure of your culinary skills? Don’t fret, we have some amazing recipes to put an end to your cooking woes. Create these quirky delicacies that your mom would adore, and add zing by sprinkling some magic this May 14.
BLACKBERRY AND APPLE PORRIDGE
Healthy and tasty, the blackberry and apple porridge will bring a sunny twist to your mom’s breakfast. Chef Neelam Nautiyal from Storm Bar and Grill doles out this recipe.
160g — Oats
600ml — Milk
1 (Grated) — Apple
2-3 tbsp — Honey
100gm — Blackberries
3-4 — Basil leaves to garnish
* Place oats and milk in a large pan over medium heat.
* Add a tiny pinch of salt and stir with a wooden spoon.
* Bring to a steady simmer for 5 to 6 mins, stirring as often as you can – if you like your porridge runnier, simply add an extra splash of milk.
* Add grated apple and most of the honey into the porridge during the last few minutes of cooking.
* Squash in the blackberries, and sprinkle the remaining berries on top along with some honey drizzled over.