Is rowing machine still a key to success in fitness?
Fitness is a dream for many, everyone wants to get fit by doing whatever it takes but shy away as soon as it is time for workout. There are various equipments that provide the necessary workout but there is still a doubt on whether they are any good or not. Rowing machines are the equipments which has lost their charm over the years. People doubt their ability to help them in becoming fit and also it seems intimidating at first for those who are getting started in working out.
Top Benefits of Rowing Machines
There are huge benefits of working out with a rowing machine and it is still a key to success in fitness. Let’s see how the rowing machines are beneficial in keeping us fit.
- Improve Your Cardiovascular Fitness: We all know exercises increase our heart rate and breathe volume; it helps us in improving our cardiovascular fitness. And keeping a check on our cardiovascular health is of utmost importance. When you use the rowing machine to do the rowing exercises, every core muscle group of your body gets engaged and it works great for your heart and lungs. When you row, the heart pumps more blood to each working muscle tissue and provides energy to the cells which in turn keeps the waste byproducts away.
- Light-weight exercise: Rowing is a light weight exercise, you don’t have to put in as much as effort as in the other heavy workouts. If you know the proper form of exercising in a rowing machine, it is extremely easy on your joints and won’t harm you. Your posture is also properly aligned with your foot on the footpad and your hands holding the bar, there is almost no effort required by your joints. So, even if you are recovering from some type of injury you can do this simple exercise and stay fit.
- Helps in improving endurance and muscle strength: This is one of the machines that help you in increasing both, your muscular strength as well as endurance. When you are good with both strength and endurance, you can do heavy lifts and you can do more repetitions of the same exercise. The resistance of the handle you hold in the rowing machine is high and it requires strength and when you do it repeatedly it requires endurance, so you are working out for both at a single time. One of the best benefits of rowing machine is that it engages your whole body properly.
- You can work out individually or in a group: Exercising can be difficult and working out alone can be sometimes tiresome, you need motivation from your colleagues as well as see them exercising so that you feel like doing so. In a lot of gyms, there are rowing machines lined up together to give a feel of actual rowing in the water which happens in groups. If you lack the motivation to exercise, then you can perform these sets with a group so that it becomes more fun and engaging.
- Rowing machines are easily accessible at all places: Rowing is a sport or leisure activity and not everyone can easily get on a boat and start rowing. But with a rowing machine, you can perform the exercise of rowing. They are easily available at all the workout hubs or gyms and you can give them a try to start with. Now that you know the benefits of the rowing machine, you would be eager to try them out. Easy accessibility is also a benefit for the rowing machine because you don’t want to leave it right away once you leave a gym.
With so many benefits of rowing machines, they are definitely one of the most important workout equipment you need in order to maintain your fitness. And for anyone in doubt, be assured that a rowing machine is still the key to success in fitness in a big way and you can’t ignore the health benefits that it has. It is one of the machines that provide you cardiovascular fitness as well as whole body workout.